The Amber Rose Speech
Black women can be so crazy and fanatical at times that they block out all things that don’t go directly in their favor and only accept those that do. In the case of famous, wealthy or affluent men a lot of black women subscribe to the “Amber Rose Theory” of dating. Meaning they look at a man’s girlfriend as a means for comparison to let herself know if/if not she can attain that man. Given that Amber Rose is essentially a South Philly hood jawn who ended up in Italian vogue, this gave a whole generation of black women (young and old) HOPE™ that they could (unrealistically) achieve the same goals.
Once they assessed the sitatuation most women thought IF KANYE GOT WIT HER, I CAN GET HIM TOO! Meanwhile they never had a shot to begin with. To make it more realistic in their minds there was an entire population of women who rationalized it like this…
1. Amber Rose bald headed (but smooth as silk), I’m bald headed (left out nappy).
2. AR a stripper, I’m a stripper (and prostitute).
3. AR a hoe, I’m a hoe (documented on Hoodflicks.com).
4. AR a part-time dyke, I’m a part-time dyke.
While there was limited truth to these comparisons, the assessment was skewed. You see, they only embraced the similarities and dismissed all the differences that were just as potent.
1. She’s an exotic beauty with a look we haven’t seen EVER.
2. Impeccable style and fashion sense.
3. Her personality and how she was able to manage being in a relationship with an ego-maniac.
4. Body of a goddess.
5. She’s everything these bxtches aint.
So the next step is “When I see this nigga Kanye its on and I’m a get him, now I’m the new Amber Rose.” In medical terms they call this “delusions of grandeur.” What actually happens is they try to get close to Kanye, get mased, and arrested on a stalking charge.